Clemson ECE 453
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GUI requirements

3 posters

Go down

GUI requirements Empty GUI requirements

Post  rbontre Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:20 pm

The gui requires the following

- 3 Image feeds, one from the room cameras, one from the dart gun, one from the front-mounted camera.
- Return to home button. Centers the frontside camera and the dart gun.
- Kill button (and reset)
- Sound options
- Logout

(optionals)
- Help and about menus

Text for the controls would probably be best, I'm expecting to have these be key-driven. (WASD for rover movement, UDLR for camera and dart movement, possibly with a button to switch)

On a suggestion from Peasley, how about escape brings up a menu with the various buttons, and use mouse control of the frontside camera and/or dart gun?

-----------
Feel free to sketch one out, how you think these would logically fit. This can be a wire frame, and nothing too complete. I should have one up within the next few hours.
rbontre
rbontre

Back to top Go down

GUI requirements Empty Re: GUI requirements

Post  rbontre Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:18 pm

GUI requirements Gui10
Something as simple as this, since we need to turn something in soon.

Also,

Our API needs to be written. ASAP.
rbontre
rbontre

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:40 pm

after talking to Dr. Brooks I know the Cameras are incapable of streaming. They send a constant flood of jpg images so I don't know if moving a mouse will work that well. It will feel like you are in slow motion and I feel like the commands will build up. For example if you move the mouse rapidly up to the right then down left, the rover for the next 5 minutes will be moving erratically doing each command one by one. Does this make sense? Plus I think our API depends on what the robot group and camera group are capable of. Can they turn just a slight amount to the right or do we have to specify an amount in degrees (like TURN 90 degrees to the right). I like your picture also of what it will look like, except that the room camera is actually a rectangle in that drawing. Will that affect the heightxwidth ratio of the camera? should we just make that a square?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://ece453.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rbontre Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Admin wrote:after talking to Dr. Brooks I know the Cameras are incapable of streaming. They send a constant flood of jpg images so I don't know if moving a mouse will work that well. It will feel like you are in slow motion and I feel like the commands will build up. For example if you move the mouse rapidly up to the right then down left, the rover for the next 5 minutes will be moving erratically doing each command one by one. Does this make sense? Plus I think our API depends on what the robot group and camera group are capable of. Can they turn just a slight amount to the right or do we have to specify an amount in degrees (like TURN 90 degrees to the right). I like your picture also of what it will look like, except that the room camera is actually a rectangle in that drawing. Will that affect the heightxwidth ratio of the camera? should we just make that a square?

I believe that camera is panoramic, but if not, whatever, we can shift that to the left side and have the menu buttons inserted to the right of it.

But as far as the actual controls are concerned, we need to implement something easy, like keyboard presses, and then if we have time (haha, yeah right) we can implement other control schemes.
rbontre
rbontre

Back to top Go down

Post  seanc Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:29 pm

well then i agree with the keystroke assignments
but what about just buttons?

/\
< 0 >
\/

where the 0 returns to the original position, i will draw up something in a little bit and post it
also what time is our next meeting? I feel like you have a vote right now or something
seanc
seanc

http://people.clemson.edu/~seanc

Back to top Go down

Post  rbontre Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:16 pm

for the weekly meeting, I do have a vote going on. It will close tomorrow and our first meeting will be this week.
rbontre
rbontre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down