Clemson ECE 453
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Image return

3 posters

Go down

Image return Empty Image return

Post  Peasley Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:47 pm

Hey guys,

You probably can't answer this question yet, but something to keep in the back of your mind.

Since the camera group is the only one to return anything to the comms group to send to the GUI, how do you want the image returned? Do you want a pointer to a jpeg, do you want a char * with all the pixels, etc? Just let me know how you want it returned whenever you find out.

-Brian Peasley
Peasley
Peasley

Back to top Go down

Image return Empty Re: Image return

Post  swesson Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:21 pm

I'm not exactly sure how we'll want the images returned yet, but for now I'm guessing we'll need the smallest encryption available. I'm pretty sure when using TCP/IP there's only a certain amount of bytes that are able to be sent in one packet, so having the smallest image size possible will most likely allow us to send the image in one packet (hopefully). Which saves us the hassle of having to split the image up then repairing it when it arrives at the server.
swesson
swesson

Back to top Go down

Post  Peasley Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Ok for now I will assume that you are going to want a Jpeg, if you find out later that you want something different just let me know.

-Brian Peasley
Peasley
Peasley

Back to top Go down

Post  rbrenan Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:16 pm

I just wrote a program that sends a jpeg file over a socket and writes it to a file on the other side if that answers your question. It reads the file into a char* buffer, sends it byte for byte, receives it into a char* buffer, and then writes it to a jpg file.
rbrenan
rbrenan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down