Clemson ECE 453
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rover wrapper brainstormin

2 posters

Go down

Rover wrapper brainstormin Empty Rover wrapper brainstormin

Post  making Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 pm

What up rover group, lets get the ball rolling on the thinking about what we want our robot to do. This is all about what all we want our robot to do, physically.

MoveFoward - where the robot moves forward one "unit", to be called repeatedly to create continuous forward movement.
MoveBackward - same as above just in reverse
MoveOffset - the robot moves to an offset position from where it is currently at.
MovePosition - moves the robot to a position based on a static 2D field. (might be interesting to see if we can do this, as we would need to know the position of our robot in the 2D plane)
RotateLeft - where the robot rotates left one "degree", to be called repeatedly to create continuous rotation
RotateRight - same as above except right
RotateDegree - rotates X degrees then stops.
making
making

Back to top Go down

Rover wrapper brainstormin Empty Re: Rover wrapper brainstormin

Post  seanc Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:34 am

i was thinking for turning to do

rotate45right() - rotates the rover 45 degrees to the right
rotate45left()- rotates the rover 45 degrees to the left
rotate90left()- rotates the rover 90 degrees to the left
rotate90right()- rotates the rover 90 degrees to the right
rotate180()- rotates 180 degrees (left or right) to face opposite direction it was

this way we hard code 5 different turning. i am sure we can come up with better ideas once we look at the code
maybe the bought knows which degree its facing from the previous, otherwise we might need some trial and error
based on time? or how much power applied. I am kind of interested in how this will work.

-Sean Cavanaugh
seanc
seanc

http://people.clemson.edu/~seanc

Back to top Go down